ARMA Indianapolis Meeting
Indiana Historical Society Tour
Join us on Wednesday, May 25th from approximately 1:30 to 3:00 as we visit the Indiana Historical Society and take a behind the scenes tour at how this institution approaches professional archive activities.
This tour will take us on the same path the collection takes from the moment it comes through the door:
1. Accessioning process.
2. Isolation Process (covers IPM and preservation aspects)
3. Processing (basic records arrangement and covers preservation housings)
4. Conservation treatment (discussion in our lab about treatments we are working on)
5. Preservation imaging and metadata management is another aspect that provides web access and access.
6. Storage (touring our storage area where we follow a basic storage model)
7. Use via their Library and gallery space called Destination Indiana.
Each of these areas is about 10-20 minutes. Questions are welcome.
More information on the Indiana Historical Society can be found on their website: http://www.indianahistory.org/
When: Wednesday, May 25th 2016 from approximately 1:30-3:00
Where: The Indiana Historical Society; 450 West Ohio Street, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202
Cost: FREE. This tour is free and everyone will also receive a wristband that will allow them to enter any of the gallery spaces for the remainder of the day. Parking is also free. Please bring in your ticket from the parking lot kiosk and it will be validated.
Please RSVP by Wednesday, May 18th by registering on www.ARMAIndy.org. Space is limited to 20 people.